Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hoops I did it again...

Do you remember the days of Relient K, John Reuben, T-Bone, white eyeliner, butterfly clips and Leonardo DiCaprio?

Yes I must confess I was a part of Leo mania from age 11 to.....how old am I again?

So I was thinking back to my adolescent days, of how everything was so dramatic and how when I felt a feeling it was felt in all extremity of the feeling! I was always hoping for the future days- days of when I would be able to drive and have a boyfriend (which of course would be Leo!). Days when I would get to have a job and pay my own bills and own my own checkbook!

Little did I know that gets old quick!

Thinking back on my life has made me realize that I have always longed for a different day than the one I was given. Always reaching for a new season.

To be content...

What a concept! Being JOYFUL in the day God has given me! Being THANKFUL for the season God has placed me in!

Still learning... Still seeking... Still longing for the hope of the future- the future the God has for me!

Thank you Lord for your plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment